THURSDAY 14 APRIL 2022
- Kyiv explosions, unsure whether bombing or demining.
- Russia has either captured or is blocking Ukrainian ports on the Black Sea. Maritime trade is a huge part of Ukrainian economy and food exports. It is key for global food security.
- This is a violation of international freedom of navigation norms.
- The Russians have virtually taken over the Sea of Azov, and is now trying to do the same with the Black Sea.
- The warships on the Black Sea are being used to launch missiles.
- The world should help Ukraine lift the Black Sea blockade.
- 16 Cruise missiles were on the Moskova warship.
- 3,600 cultural heritage sites destroyed in Ukraine.
- Since the beginning of the invasion 324 hospitals have been damaged.
- Over 500,000 Ukrainians have been forcibly taken to Russia.
- Parliament dissolves pro-Russian Opposition Platform faction. Zelensky signed a decree banning all pro-Russian political projects.
- Ireland supports EU ban on Russian gas imports.
- Moldova bans Russian pro-war symbols.
- Dutch government instructs firms not to pay for Russian gas in rubles.
- Unsure whether Russian ship explosion has resulted in a withdrawal of that ship and other ships.
- This leads to belief that it was a strike or Russian ships would not be moving back off the coast.