CORPORATE NEWS IS NOT WORTH YOUR TIME
Former federal prosecutor Renato Mariotti talks about the possible prosecution of Matt Gaetz.
Notes on the Podcast
- Gaetz has finally hired an attorney and stopped running his mouth so publicy.
- Gaetz is trying to act like Trump in response to the investigation. The big difference is that Trump controlled the Justice Department, Gaeta does not.
- There is no accountability. We are still waiting for Trump to be indicted.
- Barr did fantastic job misleading the pubic about Trump’s collusion with the Russians.
- Gaetz thinks he can talk his way out of this.
- Gaetz’s girlfriend is the daughter of a big donor.
- Greenberg was the tax collector in Seminole County. He created a website slandering his political opposition as a pedophile.
- This person, went to authorities which led to an investigation of Greenberg.
- The investigation uncovered evidence of an identity theft scheme, making drivers licenses for women he is meeting on a Sugar Daddy website.
- Then, the investigation led to uncovering his interactions with an underage girl who had been interacting with Matt Gaetz.
- Politico reported that a few days before Greenberg was indicted, he texted all his buddies that they had better lawyer up. This text provided the feds a list of witnesses.
- They don’t need to prove Gaetz knew her age.
- There’s the sex trafficking statute (Commercial Sex Act) they can prosecute him under. This involves transporting underage person for commercial sex.
- They would argue that this wasn’t commercial sex.
- Gaeta has a very good lawyer.
- Gaetz is sending payments to Greenberg and Greenberg is distributing the money. Greenberg can testify about the purpose of the payments.
- Greenberg can tell the story of the criminal activity.