- When I turned on the television this morning, the first thing I saw on Morning Joe was a clip of Sanders explaining to CNN that he couldn’t say exactly what Medicare for All would cost. Scarborough, of course, played this clip as an excuse to mock Sanders. When the camera came back to Scarborough, he had on what can only be described (by my partner) as a “shit eating grin.” Scarborough then started to repeat phrases like: “radically change the economy,” “radically overturn” and create a revolution.
- Scarborough made the ridiculous statement that Sanders would “radically change the economy in a way that it hasn’t been changed since the republic was formed…”
- The dreadful, opportunistic bobble headed Mika said that Sanders was “threatening to tear the party apart.”
- Journalism my ass. This is not journalism. It is propaganda designed to promote favored candidates and destroy others.
- In 2016, Morning Joe started almost every program with a clip of Donald Trump on the campaign trail. They gave him millions (billions?) in free advertising. Joe Scarborough and the dreadful Mika helped Trump get elected and they were at Mara-shitgo after the election. They asked his permission to use certain questions in an interview (we know this only because they were taped doing so) and only broke with Trump because he threatened and then outed their adulterous affair.
- Joe Scarborough, like Jennifer Rubin and other former Republicans have destroyed their own party. They willingly helped build a structure that launched an administration hell bent toward establishing authoritarianism in this country. Now they are telling the Democrats what to do and who to nominate.
- But, it’s not just Joe and the dreadful Mika.
- MSNBC has conducted an all-out campaign against Bernie Sanders. The coverage took a downward dive and a more overtly contemptuous and attacking tone in the past couple of months as they saw that Sanders was indeed viable.
- MSNBC’s coverage of the results of the Nevada caucuses on Saturday was an outrageous point in that downward spiral.
- On Saturday night, I sincerely thought Nicolle Wallace and Joy Reid were going to start crying.
- The only reason I now watch MSNBC is to document the outrageous campaign against Sanders. In 69 years of living, I have never, never, seen a news organization put on such an overtly expressed attack on one candidate.
- The day before the Nevada caucases, one of the MSNBC commentators, Jason Johnson, who has had on every panel, 24/7, for weeks, did a radio interview in which he called the black women who work for Sanders an “island of misplaced black girls.” None of these people would say anything, anything like this about the women who worked for any other candidate.
- Then, that same night, Chris Matthews likened the Sanders victory to the invasion by the Nazis of France. But, this was just the latest comment by Matthews smearing Bernie Sanders. He has been doing it for at least a year.
- Tonight, Matthews apologized, APOLOGIZED, for his “misplaced analogy.” As I say over and over again, there are things you cannot apologize for. Saying what you mean is not something you can apologize for, and Matthews has meant every mean, contemptuous, slanderous thing he has ever said about Sanders.
- Matthews earlier this year implied that Sanders would stand and watch Matthews be executed in Times Square. I hate to clue him in, but Matthews isn’t important enough to execute. But anyway, Matthews also pulled out of his ass a statement that Sanders would be the last person to stop for someone who was in distress by the roadside. This is journalism? What kind of journalism? These are the kinds of things that idiots say in a bar.
- Why, why do we have to listen to people like this? Matthews in 2016 made a joke with Clinton about “roofies.”
- Matthews interrupts, talks down, and generally treats with contempt most of the women on his show. But, MSNBC continues to employ him.
- MSNBC cannot apologize for their coverage of Sanders over the past four years, especially the past few months and especially Saturday night.
- MSNBC came out tonight with a statement saying they were going to look for more progressives to put on their shows. Really? It must be hard to find them while they have under contract so many overpaid and ignorant circle-jerk “strategists” and Clinton mean-girls like Adrienne Elrod and Neera Tandem.
Enough of that. Another thing:
- Everybody seems to be going wild because Sanders said that not everything about Cuba is negative. Well, duh? DUH? Can people use their brains here?
- Cuba has the highest rate of literacy in Latin America.
- At least when I was there, everybody had access to free education and health care. The government subsidized books and they cost almost nothing. Everyone had access to language training. Everybody had shoes, jobs, an income. They had a thriving, fascinating theatre culture. Musicians got a salary. No, not everything about Cuba is negative.
- But, the elite would rather live in a bubble. And the corporate media, part of that elite, refuses to cover reality.
- I was contracted to write a freelance article years ago when I went to Cuba. When I wrote an article talking about the advances in education in Cuba, the Times Educational Supplement said that it was “too positive.” They would not print the article. This was almost 40 years ago. The slander against Cuba has been going on for a long time. The coverage of Cuba is characterized by the same kind of distortion that goes on about Bernie and about Democratic Socialism.
- I am sick of the corporate media and I’m sick of MSNBC. They are terrified of a Sanders victory. The “progressive” MSNBC is more hateful about Sanders because MSNBC is full of people who will never be able to get near the White House if Sanders is elected.
- The DNC “strategist”/pundit class would rather help Trump win four more years than risk their cushy jobs and privileged positions.
- I am sick of them and of mealy-mouthed commentators (Chuck Rosenberg, Joyce (even though I love her) Vance. At least Rachal Maddow has started to tell people that this is a crisis. We are not on the edge of a crisis. We not in a situation of concern. We are in a red alarm, democracy going down the drain crisis.
- If you are not setting your hair on fire, you don’t understand what is going on.
A final comment:
Biden is running an ad campaign asking why Bernie Sanders wanted to primary Obama. Biden is trying to imply that Sanders “didn’t have the back of the first African American” president. Biden is blatantly trying to call Sanders a racist. Well, let’s see why Sanders might, just might have thought about a challenge to Obama. Maybe because Obama richly deserved to be challenged? Maybe because it’s a democracy? But, no, it must be racism. I can’t even come up with one reason to challenge Obama except, oh yeah, how about stumbling all over himself putting Wall Street in his cabinet and then refusing to prosecute those responsible for the financial crisis? But, then again, I’m one of those “vicious” Bernie Bros. (Adrienne Elrod actually accused me of that and then blocked me.) I’m proud, proud of that.