- This morning, there were 1600 dead. It’s 2:00 PM and there are 1800, almost 1900.
- The NYT (3/28/20) is running a story about mismanagement of the crisis early on. Little attention was given in meetings in the White House with the subject of testing.
- During this time, the U.S. “squandered” a month of precious time that could have been spent preparing for the crisis.
- Had they tested, it might have been possible to quarantine hot spots and this might have confined the disease.
- By the time testing was adopted on a wide scale, it was too late.
- By mid-February, the U.S. was testing only 100 people per day.
- Obama’s global health office had been disbanded a year earlier.
- Testing is still being denied to those with milder symptoms.
- NYT (3/28/20) . On Friday, the Trump administration cut tens of millions of dollars for health care programs and other aid to Yemen. This move will create major problems for programs run by the UN and private aid groups trying to supply hand soap and medicine and to staff clinics.