9:30 PM 2/27/22
From the Kyiv Independent:
- As a result of a referendum, Belarus will renounce its non-nuclear status and allow Russia to place nuclear weapons on its territory.
- There are reports of Belarus paratroopers being used to attack Ukraine.
- Lukashenko significantly extended his executive powers.
- Viktor Medvedchuk has fled house arrest in Kyiv. He is a Ukrainian MP and a long-time representative of Putin in Ukraine. He has been charged with treason and financing terrorism.
- There are air raid alerts in Kyiv.
- EU imposes sanctions on Belarus.
- The EU has shut down Russian media companies RT and Sputnik.