MONDAY 11 APRIL 2022
Luke Harding: “another day of bloodshed and horror.” @lukeharding1968
- US thinks Putin could try to interfere in American elections (AGAIN?).
- (Note: Why would they not? Nobody did anything last time except Obama giving Putin a strong: “Cut it out.” I’m sure Putin was quivering in his boots.)
- Six men executed in one town, according to Clarissa Ward.
- There is an eight mile convoy near Kharkiv. Intensification of shelling. 11 civilians killed including one seven-year-old child.
- Kinzinger is calling for a change in strategy on Ukraine. “We cannot allow Ukraine to lose.”
- Gen. Kellogg: This fight in eastern Ukraine will be different from that of Kyiv. The Ukrainians need more weapons. He doesn’t know why they haven’t gotten them.
TWITTER: Luke Harding @lukeharding1968
• (Note: Harding is an essential source of reporting and reading.)
• Russia is using drone-dropped chemical weapons to wipe out the last remaining Ukrainian army resistance inside Mariupol.
- Those impacted by chemical dropped from drone hae respiratory failure, vestibuloatactic syndrome.
- Vladmir Kara-Murza has been arrested in Moscow. The FSB has already poisoned him twice.
- Kara-Murza told Harding that the West ignored repeated warnings from him and Boris Nemtsov of Putin’s malign intensions. “An iron curtain has descended. I woke up in my Moscow flat one day and there was no Twitter, Facebook, Echo Moskyv and Novaya Gazeta. Truthful information has ended.”
- Harding visited towns outside Kyiv that were occupied. “They made him kneel and shot him. His was a cold, pitiless extinction. In the cellar was a bloody mattress.” This is what one woman told Harding.
- Taras Shevchenko, Ukrainian poet, has a monument In Kyiv. It is boarded up. At another Shevchenko monument the Russians had shot the statue in the head. “what’s happening here is an attempt to erase Ukraine wholescale – its people and culture.”
- “another day of bloodshed and horror.”
TWITTER: Anders Aslund
- Reports that the chemical used was sarin. This just after Putin appointed the “butcher of Syria.” US has promised though NATO action. Deliver.