- Lori Loughlin was sentenced to two months for paying bribes to get her daughters into USC. Loughlin not only paid a bribe, she cheated some other deserving student out of a college education.
- There are two justice systems in this country. Race and class intersect to create sentence disparities.
- While some studies report that arrest and prison admission rates are “dropping” for black people it’s because that rate dropped from black people going to state prison eight times the rate of whites, to five times.
- And, black people are spending longer in prison.
- According to a U.S. Sentencing commission Report, black men receive 19% longer sentences than white men for similar crimes.
- The report also found that judges are more likely to use their discretion to cut an offender’s sentence if the offender is white.
We cannot continue to have a justice system that fails to prosecute white collar, corporate and political criminals.