WEDNESDAY 30 MARCH 2022
- Russia and Ukraine talks will resume on April 1.
- The Russians are announcing a ceasefire to evacuate residents of Mariupol.
- A special UN mission is needed to eliminate the risk of nuclear accident at Chornobyl.
- Germany has signaled a “general willingness” to provide security guarantees to Ukraine but did not specify whether that would include guarantees of military assistance.
- Victor Kovalenko: Seven busses of Russian soldiers suffering from Acute Radiation Syndrome arrived in Belarus from Chornobyl exclusion zone.
- Journalist Iryna Dubchenko and transported her to occupied Donetsk for trial.
- Petri Makela: The Ukrainian army has counterattacked and taken the town of Sloboda in the Chernihiv region.
- Alex Kokcharov: in Mariupol, 95% of the buildings have een destroyed.
- Andrew A. Michta: “As I watch Russian deployments in Belarus and Donbas, I’m increasingly convinced that another major RUS offensive is about to begin.
NEW YORK TIMES
- Major news sources are reporting that Putin is not being given correct information about the invasion of Ukraine