Yet another impeachable offense. What Trump and Giuliani (and Sondland, Perry and Volker) were organizing was a covert propaganda campaign designed to fool the American people. And, Republicans are fighting for their right to do so. This article by Asha Rangappa, a former FBI agent, explains the most important point of the Ukraine dirt for money scandal.
Running Covert Propaganda Against Americans Is Illegal. Trump Tried It Anyway.
- Ihor Kolomoisky and Zelensky
- Sylvie Kauffmann, the editorial director of Le Monde, writes (NYT) that for Europeans the most embarrassing revelation in the July 25 conversation was Ukrainian President Zelensky’s “servility.” The attempt to ingratiate himself to Trump, revealed in the “transcript” released by the White House, was truly disappointing.
- In addition, Zelensky told Trump that the new prosecutor general would be “100 percent my person.” We are left to wonder what in the hell that means. Zelensky also happily joined Trump in the Euro-bashing. So, the promising reformer, at least if you can believe the Trump version of the conversation, turned servile politician. It’s not a pretty sight.
- To add to the questions about Zelensky, prominent in the circle of people surrounding him is one Ihor Kolomoisky, whose PrivatBank was nationalized three years ago after financial regulators found that $5.5 billion was missing from its accounts.
- Kolomoisky returned from self-imposed exile just after Zelensky took office. He is now appealing to the government for $2 billion in “compensation” for the loss of PrivatBank. For foreign experts, whether the government gives in will be a test of President Zelensky’s political strength.
- Anti-corruption activist, Daria Kaleniuk: “The U.S. push for good governance in Ukraine is seriously undermined. What America was selling to the world used to be the rule of law.”
Politics, law, justice, crime.