“We will fight to the end.”
Wednesday 2 March 2022
CNN, 10:00 AM
- Extensive damage and casualties from clashes on the outskirts of Kyiv.
- Where does this end? asks Nick Walsh, reporter in Odessa. Port cities under intense pressure. There are Russian ships in the region.
- Kira Rudik, Ukrainian Member of Parliament. Putin is going to strike twice as hard now. We need a no-fly zone. “We need our partners to help us stand up…to help Ukraine survive.” Without the support from the air we won’t be able to win. We need the help now before he bombards the cities. “We will fight till the end.” We will have a huge Russian satellite in the middle of Europe. This is not between Russia and Ukraine, it is between civilization and the alternative. It is between the past and the future. If we loose, Putin gets stronger. Who wants that?
- Joe Scarborough (who Mika Brzezinski’s father called “shockingly superficial”) is now proposing that the U.S. throw caution to the wind and develop every little bit of oil and gas in this country to end the dependence on Russian oil. There was no discussion of getting off fossil fuels entirely.
- On Morning Joe as well, Scarborough and panel were suggesting that it could be agreed to exclude Ukraine from NATO forever, as a way of establishing peace.
- 874,000 is the current estimate of refugees.
- 400 Swedes are reported to have joined the Ukrainian forces.
- 70 Japanese men have applied to be volunteers in Ukraine.
- More than 2,000 civilians have died since the beginning of the invasion.