- The Republicans are turning a massive failure of infrastructure and privatization in Texas into a condemnation of renewable energy. Even the Governor of the State is on national television spewing lies and disinformation.
- Gov. Greg Abbott, on Fox News, said that the problem was caused by renewable energy systems.
- Officials were told in 2011 that they needed to winterize the Texas system. But, the State of Texas didn’t make that winterization and other changes obligatory. Because the grid is operated by private companies, allowed to make as much profit as they can, the State failed to winterize and now we are watching people lose their lives.
- Message #1: Don’t elect people to run government that don’t believe in government.
- Message #2: Capitalism is going to kill us.
- Message #3: We are living in a failed state.
- On MSNBC, Joe Scarborough is complaining about networks allowing Donald Trump to phone in and spout lies. Morning Joe gave Donald Trump millions in free air time in 2015 and 2016.
- Every morning, Trump was phoning in to Morning Joe and lying.
Georgia: Glynn County Police Department
- Ahmaud Arbery was killed in Glynn County, Georgia on the street, murdered by a former police investigator and his son.
- Police made no arrests and allowed Arbery to lay on the ground while they released the man and his son.
- The only reason the two men are in jail now is because a video of the killing was released to the press.
- In 2020, the County Commission prevented the citizens of Glynn County from voting to abolish this police agency.
- The agency has been fraught with controversy and illegal behavior.
- The former chief of police was indicted, the Narcotics Unit was disbanded, officers killed a woman in her car and failed to remove an officer who had a history of assaultive behavior. This officer went to the house of his ex-girlfriend and shot her, her new male friend and himself.
- Now, the County is paying a consulting firm to tell them who to hire as Police Chief. In addition, they are hiring a former “mentor” of one of the council members to also tell them who to hire.
- The County gave the consulting contract to a company that didn’t even have the words “community policing” in their proposal. The proposal was the shortest of all those submitting, two pages.
Georgia: Voting Systems
- The Republicans in the state legislature are on their way to pass some of the most restrictive voting rules in the country.
- The new laws would prohibit the use of mail-in ballots for almost everybody.
- Republicans depend on people not being able to vote.