THURSDAY 28 april 2022
UKRAINE UPDATE: 8:30 PM
- Residents of a village, Demydiv, flooded their village to slow down the Russians.
- Russia bombs hospital at Azovstal.
- More mass graves are found near Mariupol.
- Brazil Senate votes to recognize Holodomor, Stalin’s artificial famine of 1932-33.
- Russia is planning to stage a sham “referendum” in Kherson to declare the region a “Kherson People’s republic.” Such staged “plebiscites” are one of its favorite instruments and Kremlin plans a series of them in other Ukrainian regions.
- Russians fired stun grenades at Ukrainians having a peaceful protest.
- Russia’s ongoing forced conscription in Ukraine’s Donbas leads to defacto elimination of local male population, as occupiers use them as “cannon fodder.”
- Two Russian missiles hit central Kyiv.
- Several countries have advised their citizens to leave Moldova and Transnistria.
- US, Germany, France and Canada told their citizens to leave Molova over the “deteriorating security situation.”
- UN is ready to participate in the evacuation of civilians from Azovstal in occupied Mariupol.
- Russian force school teachers in occupied town to switch to Russian curriculum. (Note: Like DeSantis in Florida).
- Spanish army ship arrives in Poland with 200 tons of military assistance for Ukraine.
- Is Russia preparing a new Holodomor in Ukraine?
- The operating room in the Azovstal facility collapsed because of Russian shelling.