UKRAINE NOTES: 6:30 PM
- Joe (“stunningly superficial”) Scarborough is joining the other Republicans in calling for a cessation of regulations on the fossil fuel industry so we can establish “energy independence.” Fox News has been pumping this line today.
- Additionally in FOX, the “expert” called Putin a “communist.” I. Just. Can’t.
- Zelensky wanted to know earlier in the day how many Ukrainians had to die before we implement a no-fly zone. How many?
- The question of cutting off the oil and gas from Russia.
- Increase drilling here. That’s the position of the Republicans.
- Bill McKibben interviewed. Making the argument that cutting off the oil and gas is worth it even if gasoline costs more.
- The Defense Act would allow Biden to buy climate friendly supplies that would cut down the need for oil and gas.
- Kharkiv under constant bombardment.
- “How far will you go to defend your freedom, your dignity?” That’s the best question Erin Burnett can come up with. This is People Magazine interviewing.
- Shelling near nuclear power plant. Civilians try to block access to the town.
- There is a large fire at the power plant, but nobody knows which buildings are on fire.
- “A gradual turning up of the heat.” Clarissa Ward describing what the Russians are doing.
- More than 1 million people have now had to leave Ukraine. People are meeting them at the borders, offering homes and assistance.
- Putin met with his security council, talked again about “denazification” of Ukraine. After a phone call between Putin and the French president, the French said that the worst was yet to come. And, that Putin plans to take over all over Ukraine.
- Seven sanctioned today. Visa restrictions for over forty. (Note: Earlier today there was a tweet claiming that most of those sanctioned were not important as well as an article about the Biden administration exempting Bank Swiss from sanctions.
- Fox News is on Kamala Harris tonight. She has, according to a guest of Tucker Carlson, been disrespectful to us. Biden has also been disrespectful for picking her to be Vice President.
- The Russians have just been shelling near a nuclear facility, but Carlson has to spend time talking about something Kamala Harris said.
- This is the largest nuclear power plant in Europe. Russians are blocking fire workers getting in there to work. There are six nuclear reactors. They supply ¼ of Ukraine’s power.
- They are going to shut down the country.
- Carlson is complaining about the amount of money Biden is spending on Ukraine as opposed to our border. As I said, the Russians just shelled and started a fire at a nuclear power plant in Zaporizhzhia, Southeast Ukraine.
- OMG Sebastian Gorka, hawking some pain relief substance. In this ad, he is walking near the Washington Monument. Jesus, these people never stop grifting. Oh, now Mike Lindell. I can’t.
- 480 Bombs have been dropped on cities in Ukraine.
- Woman living in Florida saw a truck flying an American and a Russian flag.
- Gary Kasparov: We watch live “…Putin commit genocide on an industrial scale…while the most powerful military alliance in history stands aside.”
- Georgia and Moldova have applied to join the EU.
- We are told we cannot see the video showing bodies in Ukraine. People need to see that this is not a video game.
- It’s the largest nuclear power plant in Europe.
- The production company behind RT America, says it’s ceasing production.