Deep State Radio Podcast
Interview with Sarah Kenzior about her new book “Hiding in Plain Sight.”
Notes from the interview:
- The Mueller investigation was deeply problematic in that Mueller completely avoided investigating Trump’s finances and the close connection with the Russian Mafia. Mueller also refused to indict or even interview key people like Jared Kushner.
- Mueller made useless deals with people like Michael Flint that yielded nothing.
- Mueller was lionized by the corporate media and assumed to be doing a real investigation. But, he virtually defined out of the investigation certain crucial areas like Trump’s finances.
- The Republicans have no illusions that this will be a free and fair election in 2020. They have no intentions of trying to ensure it is. This should have been investigated from the very beginning. It was not.
- The Trump administration is a continuation of “streamlined corruption.” It is a continuation of a philosophy of government – began decades ago – to make government so small and powerless you could “drown it in a bathtub.”
- Crises make it easier to push authoritarian policies.
- 911 made it easy to carry out extra-legal surveillance activities.
- The economic downturn helped solidify income rampant inequality.
- There is a grave danger that the Coronavirus pandemic will help justify the use of advanced tracking technology that will further invade individual privacy.
- Kenzior discusses the problems already in China with technology that such as facial recognition and social crediting which records purchases and activities. For some people it is a branding system. If you don’t have the right authorization, you can’t get a job, for example. (Note: There is a documentary about this on the Wiegers.)
- Kenzior also is concerned about health data being weaponized, there being classes of people who can and can’t get tested or classes of people identified as “infectious groups.”
All you have to do is read this book to see how Robert Mueller was either a Chickenshit (See book by Eisinger) or part of the project to cover up the Trump/Russia collusion. Neither alternative is a good one.
Some thoughts at the end of the day:
- Matt Miller said on MSNBC tonight that the Democrats were trying to hurry along the impeachment investigation out of fairness. He maintains they don’t think it’s fair to drag it out longer because it’s an election year. Is this really what they’re saying? Can they be that absolutely feckless?
- When they bring this investigation to a close and vote on the Articles of Impeachment is that it? That’s the end of holding Donald Trump et. al. accountable for all the myriad crimes of this administration? I simply don’t see how that can stand. What are the Democrats thinking?
- I can’t see them bringing another impeachment investigation after the election. They’re going to let the Senate vote not to impeach and then just what? Ignore everything from them on out? Let Bill Barr destroy the Justice Department? Let the Supreme Court destroy the ability of the government to delegate functions to the agencies? I just don’t understand this.
- Jerry Falwell Jr. has launched a new think tank. What a ridiculous notion. The last thing these people do is think. He and another religious zelot are saying that they are just trying to educate people since the universities have become “liberal indoctrination camps.” I taught at a number of universities and I can swear that they are nothing of the sort. The universities are bastions of conventional thinking and teaching. They sit on top of vast funds and hire professors who can write lucrative grants. They are concerned with endowments and grants and let me tell you, left wing thinkers don’t get those grants.
- Republicans widely condemned the auto bailout in the middle of an economic crisis. But, Trump’s farm bailout will cost more than twice what the auto bailout cost.
Some lingering questions:
- Why won’t the Congress investigate Trump’s financial dealings including his past?
- Why did Robert Mueller (King of the Chickenshits) purposefully exclude Trump’s finances from his investigation?
- Why did Robert Mueller give Trump Jr. a “get out of jail free” card with regard to the Trump Tower meeting?
- How could Mueller possibly say that there was no conspiracy to defraud the government in the Trump administration dealings with Cambridge Analytica and the Russians?
- Why does the corporate media continue to behave as if this is just politics as usual?
A discussion of politics, law, justice, and crime.