- Notes from Thom Hartman reading “The Truth about Mike Pence.”
- Evangelicals like Pence considered themselves warriors
- Pence’s allies included hugely wealthy donors who posed as victims
- All of these evangelicals denied science behind climate change.
- They denied their own power and wealth.
- They advocated a form of predatory capitalism
- They claim to be free marketers hero
- Most of Pence’s life had been preparation for this.
- He thinks that if he becomes President, it will be because God has chosen him.
Note: there is all too little discussion of the role of evangelical thinking and the Republican movement.
See: ” The Power Worshipers.”