- Several freshman Democrats have published a letter calling for impeachment. It appears that the leadership of the Democratic Party will have to be dragged along kicking and screaming.
- There is, however, a meeting called tomorrow and people are speculating that perhaps the leadership will talk about impeachment. I’ll believe it…
- Elaine Luria (D-Virginia) is one of the freshman Democrats calling for impeachment. She is a Navy vet. “I came to Congress to do what was right,” she said on Rachael Maddow tonight. How many other members of Congress can sincerely say the same? Not many.
- It might be a good time to think about why so many of those in Congress are willing to sell their souls and support a clearly criminal president to keep their jobs. It’s not the salary.
- Mitch McConnell has approved a bill that is basically what Jennifer Cohn (an election security advocate, writer and attorney) calls a “free for all” for corrupt vendors of voting machines who contribute to his campaign. She argues that the bill will make things worse because it enables “corrupt officials to buy whatever hackable unauditable voting machines they want.” “McConnel,” she says “is conning everyone.
- Trump has been ordered by a judge to give videotaped testimony in a trial involving Trump’s former bodyguard, Keith Schiller. Trump’s lawyers are fighting this tooth and nail. They will be appearing in court tomorrow to attempt to stop the judge’s order.
- The Washington Post is reporting that Trump told Mick Mulvaney to hold back $400 million in military aid to Ukraine at least a week before the July 25, 2019 phone call with the president of Ukraine. Reports had previously pointed out that the aid had been stopped only after the phone call.
- In addition, “administration officials were instructed to tell lawmakers that the delays (of the military funding) were part of an “interagency process” but to give them no additional information…” So, not only was the funding put on hold, but there was a story constructed specifically to disguise the true nature of the withholding. There were other people in the White House involved in putting together this story and passing it along.
Lest we forget,
- Mitch McConnell made it possible to lift sanctions on Oleg Deripaska.
- Ivanka Trump is getting new Chinese trademarks for voting machines.
- Hunter Biden had no experience that would have made him a reasonable choice to sit on the board of the Ukrainian gas company. (Carole Lenoig)