TUESDAY 8 OCTOBER 2019
- The Acting DHS Secretary walked out of a public appearance yesterday in D.C. He evidently didn’t like being asked difficult questions. There are other questions about why he has not become the permanent Secretary.
- Trump has invited Erdogan to the White House. The last time he was in Washington (2017), Erdogan’s thugs physically attacked protesters while Erdogan watched from his car. Trump did nothing about it.
- Lest we forget this tweet from the President of the country: “…if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey…” (Random capitalization is the President’s).
- Those demanding that Trump be allowed to “confront his accuser” (now accusers) are demanding the protections that the Constitution affords defendants in a criminal trial. This is not a criminal trial. Trump has no such protections. People who are busily trying to tear the Constitution to shreds are also claiming its protections for their guys not anybody else’s guys.
- A little over a year ago, George W. Bush was whipping votes for Bret Kavanaugh (http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/09/george-w-bush-is-whipping-votes-for-brett-kavanaugh.html?utm_source=nym&utm_medium=f1&utm_campaign=feed-part”
- People who want regard Bush as some kind of genial nice guy should remember this along with the fact that he started an unnecessary war that cost an unknowable number of lives.