MONDAY 2 MAY 2022
- There is speculation that Putin may declare way on Ukraine on May 9. This opens the way toward more conscription since he has lost a great many troops.
- This may mobilize the Russian population behind Putin.
- The population is declining and this includes military age men. If this soon after the beginning of the war they are considering a more broad spread conscription it speaks to a failure.
- The Kremlin is maintaining that Hitler had Jewish blood.
- Ukraine destroyed two Russian Raptor boats.
- After a partial evacuation of civilians from Azovstal in Mariupol, Russia continues to fire on the building.
- Missile fired at Odesa.
- Zelensky: Russia’s top diplomat is blaming the Jewish people for Nazi crimes.”
- Journalist Iryna Danilovych disappears after being seized in Crimea.
- Russia plans to annex occupied parts of Donetsk and Luhansk and also to create a similar “people’s republic” in Kherson.
- An explosion took place on May 1 in Russia at the Perm Plant that produces charges for air defense. The company told the media that these were “scheduled tests.”
THE KYIV INDEPENDENT
- UN documents at least 6,400 civilian casualties in Ukraine due to the war.
- Hungarian authorities knew of Russian full scale invasion beforehand. (CPAC has just had its annual meeting in Hungary).
- Russian troops are pushing from Izyum, Kharkiv, south towards Donetsk.
- Russia may announce a general mobilization.
- Bloomberg is reporting that employees at a Dutch dock refused to unload tanker with Russian fuel.
- Ukraine identifies first suspect in Bucha massacre. Sergey Kolotsey, commander of a Russian National Guard unit.
- Kuleba: Lavrov “could not hide the deeply-rooted antisemitism of the Russian elites.”
- Hungary to block any EU proposal for embargo on Russian energy imports.
- Russian propagandist, Dmity Kukikov, maintains on television that the US tried to destroy Russia in 2012. It was foiled because Trump was elected. Trump “gave us those four years, thank you very much.”
- More than 100 people were evacuated from Azovstal today.