Tweeting at @cjjohns1951
Regular Ukraine Updates, please subscribe
MONDAY 2 MAY 2022
UKRAINE UPDATE, 9:30 am
- Kharkiv is a disaster.
- The general who was infamous for his operations in Syria, Gerasimov, is not in charge of the eastern front.
- Lavrov compared Yelensky to Hitler. He also said that Russia was “degasifying” Ukraine. Israel has withdrawn their ambassador.
- Russia plundered $5 m in farm vehicles from Ukraine’s Mariupol only to find they were remotely disabled.
- A gymnasium in Lysychansk that survived two world wars has been destroyed by the Russians.
- Lavrov compared Zelensky to Hitler, who was, according to Lavrov, of Jewish origin but also Nazi.
- New explosions in Russia’s Belgorod Area. Local media report that it is another ammunition depot.
- Rumors are that there has been an injury to Chief of Staff Valeriy Gerasimov near Izyuim
- Hungary floats veto threat as EU works to ban Russian oil. Hungary has been among the most vocal in opposing the expansion of sanctions.
- Ukraine detained 12 saboteurs who planned to destabilize the situation in Crimea.
- Ukrainian prosecutors have identified the first suspect who killed four unarmed Ukrainian men in Bucha. His name is Russian National Guard Sergiy Kolotsei. Ukraine has posted his photographs.
- In Kharkiv, Ukrainian forces continue to conduct successful counterattacks pushing Russian forces back toward their own border.