SATURDAY 31 DECEMBER 2022
Morning News Notes:
- Russia has launched New Year’s Day strikes on Ukraine.
- A concert hall in central Kyiv was damaged.
- An elderly man was killed in an explosion after a missile strike in Kyiv.
- The Russians are firing missiles from the Caspian Sea.
- The Alfavito Hotel in downtown Kyiv was hit.
- Explosions reported in Zaporizhzhia.
- Several regions preventatively cut off power amid the ongoing missile attack.
- Air raid alerts are going off in most Ukrainian regions.
- Zelensky: “We will liberate our land. We will win this war.”
- Explosions in occupied Crimea’s Dzhankoy and Yevpatoria.
- Residential buildings in Zaporizhzhia were damaged in an attack.
- At least three explosions in Kyiv.
- The New York Times has published an article about the problem of sabotage and spying from within the Orthodox Russian Church. (www.lawpowerandjustice.com)
- Fox News anchor Tucker Carlson was ranting a few weeks ago about how Zelensky was trying to eliminate “religion” in Ukraine. He played a taped video where Patriarch Kirill claimed that Ukraine was waging a “war against God.”
- Telegraph podcast journalists (Ukraine: The Latest) were talking about what a threat it was to Putin that there was a Russian Orthodox Church in Ukraine where Ukrainians worshipped and also supported Ukrainian independence from Russia. Many Russians have left the Russian Orthodox Church since the war.
- Last week, Russia tried but failed to black out Kyiv power for New Year’s.