TUESDAY 22 MARCH 2022
- The European Association of Zoos and Aquaria has transferred money to zoos in Ukraine since the invasion.
- One of the journalists who has been held since March 15, has been released. Viktoria Roshchina.
- The Russian military has burned down a stable in Hostomel near Kyiv with the horses inside.
- A children’s hospital has been shelled in Severdonetsk.
- Ukrainian photojournalist, Maks Levin, has gone missing.
- Zelensky told the Italian government they should freeze Russian assets, impose an embargo on Russian goods and block seaports for Russian vessels.
- Zelensky also warned of a grain shortages that would effect exports.
- Russia completes 300 aircraft sorties over Ukraine in 24 hours. (Despite the repeated mantra that Ukraine doesn’t need a no-fly zone, that most of the damage is coming from the ground.)
- Italy supports Ukraine’s membership in the European Union.
- Approximately 5,000 Belarusian troops are formed and lined up along Ukraine’s border.
- In Russia due to lack of reserves, men with debts and those who have to pay alimony are offered forgiveness if they join the military.
- Greek Foreign Minister says he wants o lead a humanitarian mission to Mariupol in person.
- A released journalist, Roshchna had to say that Russians did not hold her captive and that they saved her life. Russian media broadcast the video today.
- Anonymous announced that it had released the database of Nestle, emails, passwords of business customers.
- Gen. Mikhail Mizintsev ordered bombing of maternity hospital, children’s hospital, drama theatre and civilian houses in Mariupol.
- This is day 27.