MONDAY 28 MARCH 2022
- CNN anchor said this morning that the Ukrainian people “think” that the war has been going on for eight years. He said this more than once. I don’t understand why this fact was portrayed as a supposition.
- Ukraine’s largest pro=Russian party suspended its operation. This is after two draft laws were introduced in Ukraine’s Parliament proposing to amend legal procedures on banning political parties.
- Kharkiv has come under shelling more than 200 times in the past 24 hours.
- Zelensky gave a 90-minute Zoom interview with Russian journalists.
- In Mariupol there is no electricity, no water, no light, no heat, no communication.
- Ukrainian negotiations with Russia will begin in Turkey tomorrow.
- Zelensky: “I am sure that if tougher sanctions had been levied earlier, a full-scale Russian attack would not have occurred.”
- Zelensky: The Russians are doing the same thing in cities as they did in Donbas in 2014.
- Ukrainian security services says they have eliminated 5 enemy bot farms.
- The bot farms were distributing fake narratives about Russia’s war in Ukraine. Russian aggression and ideology were justified.
- Russia has persecuted 36 local government officials, journalists, religious leaders, volunteers, civic activists.
- The loses to Ukraine from the Russian invasion are estimated to be $564.9 billion.
- The Armenian Embassy in Ukraine has denied the Armenia handed over aircraft to Russia to be used against Ukraine.