SUNDAY 3 JULY 2022
- Russia has seized Lysychansk which brings them close to seizing the entire Donbas.
- Zelensky says that while the situation in Lysychansk is difficult, it has not fallen.
- Ukraine’s ambassador to Turkey maintains that Turkish customs has detained a Russian-flagged vessel carrying grain stolen from Ukraine.
- Russian attacks on Kharkiv.
- While Belarus is not a “direct participant” in the war it is providing logistical support to Russia.
- Russian forces attacking Kramatorsk
- Russian proxies have said that they will hold a referendum on annexing Kherson Oblast to Russia. They are trying to legitimatize the occupation.
- The UK Defense Ministry states that the Kremlin is trying to find a pseudo-constitutional solution for the occupation and is prepared to rig the vote in order to show an acceptable result.
- Some 800,000 Ukrainians have lost homes in the war.
- Protests in Uzbekistan.
- Ukrainian forces launch air strikes on Russian-occupied Melitopol.
- The Russians are claiming a Ukrainian attack was made on Belgorod.
- Russian websites are full of claims that Ukraine is “overrun by far-right extremeists.”
- Ukraine announces that Russian missile was fired at a recreational center in Odesa.
- Voice of America maintains that nearly 16 million Ukrainians need humanitarian aid and protection.
- UN agencies say that millions of Ukrainians are facing a lack of basic necessities including food, water, and shelter.
- Ukraine destroys remnants of Russian garrison on Snake Island.
- Russian shelling of Sloviansk.
- Lukashenka has accused Ukraine of launching milliles at Belarus.
- Russian forces have destroyed the administrative buildings in Lysychansk.
- There are eight Ukrainian mayors in Russian captivity. Usually, Russia kidnaps “mayors and village heads who refuse to collaborate.”
- Mariupol teachers are being sent to Russia for “certification.” (Note: In Florida, De Santis is sending elementary school teachers for indoctrination.)